Wednesday, July 6, 2011

iPinion Update: Avoiding the Next Mass Extinction - Out Today

In my latest piece for iPinion.us, I discuss the recent IPSO report which indicates that we may be headed for the first ever global extinction event caused by human beings.  Or really, caused by the activities of any one species.  I was not particularly shocked by their conclusions -- I have been following most of the research that they sited for their report -- but I was a little surprised by some of the response.  Many people are completely dismissive of this report, perhaps because they just can't imagine that our actions could have such a huge impact.

In this latest column, I lay out the fundamental facts behind a few of the major contributing studies, and discuss some well documented strategies for trying to stop this mass extinction event.  Avoiding the Next Mass Extinction
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment